A message from Cheryl Calmeyer, Head, Summerhill:
10 GREAT reasons to send your child to Summerhill!
- We are a VALUES-driven school, from play school right through to Gr7. Children earn/work for BRICKS in order to build VALUE houses. Summerhill is first and foremost a family, where each child knows every other child by name.
- We use the most internationally-acclaimed curriculum for Maths and Science (Singapore). We are members of ISASA and have full UMALUSI accreditation.
- The Gr 6 & 7 pupils use FGASA (Junior Level 1) as their core curriculum for Geography, which covers the CAPS curriculum, but with many more exciting add-ons. By the end of Grade 7 they have their FGASA Junior Field Guide certificates.
- We are committed to transformation and diversity.
- Our Christian ethos guides our every move.
- All grades are taught Knowledge Network (nationally-recognised and externally-examined) for IT in the school’s ITC, which is fully WiFi’d.
- We provide extra-curricular activities and we compete in all sporting disciplines, encouraging healthy, life-long, lifestyle choices.
- As a member of the local conservancy, we are committed to GREEN education, through practical activities in the Eco-Adventure Clubs.
- We are situated alongside a natural forest which allows for interaction with the environment.
- Our highly-qualified teachers are continually learning, developing and growing and are able to provide individual attention in small classes.
What kind of child do we produce?
- Confident, happy, caring, well-mannered leaders.
- Academically sound, physically fit and socially well-grounded.
- Passionate about the environment.
It’s never too late to give your child a good education and we look forward to that opportunity!
In a random survey, Summerhill children tell us what they think of their school.
- I love Summerhill because it is fun and full of kind people. The teachers are very kind and are like our Mums. Summerhill is like home to me and M’am Coco is like the “man of the house!” (Tiyani - 6)
- SPS is loving and caring and kind. People share and help you. Our sport’s coach is cool and funny. Our headmaster is kind and loving but don’t mess with her! Mrs Siviter is the kindest of the whole lot. (Josua - 6)
- SPS is a very small school so everyone knows each other’s names. It is environmentally kind. It is easy to make friends as people are kind and positive about school work. We have sport to make us fit. Most teachers understand what you are going through and everyone greets each other in the mornings. (Patricia - 6)
- We kids have a lot of fun at Summerhill. I think Summerhill ROCKS! (Itu - 6)
- The sport is very exciting because we play games to learn important skills, for example balance, speed, strength and team work. We have a kind and amusing coach who keeps on motivating us. The academics are high and you learn a lot in every subject. There is never a dull moment. Summerhill is a “must-go-to” school! (Caila-Ann - 6)
- The school is an astonishing place with fantastic teachers – we are a brilliant family full of kindness, care and respect. (In fact we “Kill with Kindness!). Our teachers teach and lead us to who we should be. Our values lead and guide us to who we ARE and not what we WERE. I am blessed to be in such an amazing school. I feel as though I have a second family. (Ivan – 7)
- I love coming to school every day knowing that I will have fun in my lessons and even more fun with my friends. I will be prepared for high school thanks to the Singapore Curriculum. The teachers and students are all supportive, when life gets you down, SPS will turn your FROWN upside DOWN. I love walking past the beautiful trees, catching that fresh summer breeze. Here I can be myself without judgement. (Jarrod – 7)
- The 3 stages of matter for water are Natural, Sparkling and Mineral. (Taeghan - 3)
- I like it that there are no bullies in this school and there is an Adventure Club. The 4 x4 is the best and I like my homework. (Akani – 2)
- I like the library because books are awesome and I like reading. I like hockey because I like shooting goals. Our teacher is cool and the see-saw is great because it goes up and down. (Kyra – 2)
- I love SPS because my teachers are always ecsitid when we wirck. It is always clean. (Lesaya – 2)
- I like that the school is supportive and we are treated like family. No-one hates anyone. Everyone is a friend of……well – everyone! When you walk into the class, you are treated like a brother or sister. I like that this school allows us to share our feelings or what’s happening with our teachers. Our academics are of an astonishingly high standard and it is a privilege to be here. (Bernard – 7)
- I like SPS because I get to do maths and play in the river. The leaders love us. (Emma – 2)
- You never feel abandoned or lonely here, even on your bad or down days. Your opinion is valued and you are never left behind. The BRICKED system prepares us well for High School and life’s journey. (Amber – 7)
- I like the wild life down at the river and my friends are funly. (Louis – 2)